Long Stay Rental at Katik Lantang Murni’s Villa Kelor
A little outside Ubud and Campuan, you’ll arrive at the rice-paddied village of Katik Lantang in south Penestanan. Penestanan is a lively village full of art, yoga and restaurants. Murni was born there and nearly everyone is related to her.
Murni recently bought this gorgeous, self-contained, two bedroomed house and has refurbished, redecorated and furnished it.
Long Stay Rental at Katik Lantang Murni’s Villa Kelor is now available for long-term rent. It is bright, airy and comfortable. It is totally fly-screened. There is an electronic safe and good wifi and we will provide staff to keep the garden and pool clean.
Park your transport behind the secure gates and walk through the mosaiced passageway towards the welcoming Balinese statues. You enter through a traditional Balinese gate and go down some steps to the garden, pool and house.
Walk along the paving stones between the lush, tropical foliage, heliconias and banana trees, towards the statue of Ganesha, the Hindu god, who overcomes obstacles and brings you good fortune.
Ganesha is a great favourite here and the pool is straight ahead of you.
With a pool like that it is hard to resist the temptation to dive in. There is a door at the far end of the house for easy access to the pool and the sun loungers.
The pool runs alongside the house and is a great place to relax.
There’s an outdoor shower, wash hand basin and lavatory at the pool.
The entrance to the house is through a set of double doors into the large living room.
There are lots of seats and sofas in the large well-proportioned living room and good wifi throughout the property.
At the far end of the living room is a Chinese Wedding Bed, which is a good place to lie down with a book or to have a nap.
At the back of the house is a veranda which is a perfect, quiet spot to read a book, relax and have a drink.
Go back inside, glance up and enjoy the intricate local, bamboo (bedeg) ceiling.
On one side there is a dining table and chairs in an alcove, which has a door to the pool.
On the other side there is a door to the double bedroom, which has windows looking on to the garden at the back.
The bedroom is light and airy and has a double bed, bedside tables and lamps.
The bedroom also has a long sofa and cupboard.
The en suite bathroom comprises a wash hand basin, shower, hot and cold running water and a lavatory.
There is a small pond with goldfish and a fountain and a separate building for the kitchen and another bedroom.
The spacious kitchen has a tiled floor, lots of cupboards, worktop, stainless steel sink, an Electrolux gas oven and a Sharp fridge.
The second bedroom has a double bed and en suite bathroom.
The en suite bathroom comprises a shower and lavatory.
- Very good-sized rooms – large living room, 2 large bedrooms, large kitchen.
- Living room has a sofa, armchairs, small tables, a dining table and 4 chairs.
- Double beds in the 2 bedrooms.
- 2nd bedroom in a separate building up a flight of stairs.
- Both bedooms have bedside tables, lamps and cupboards.
- Both bedrooms have new tiled en suite bathrooms – shower, basin and WC.
- Both bedrooms have hot and cold water.
- All rooms have fans or open windows.
- All rooms have fly-screens.
- Front and back verandas with chairs and tables.
- Bamboo blinds to give protection from rain and heat.
- Electronic safe.
- All rooms have their own locks and keys.
- Wi-fi throughout.
- Large separate kitchen.
- Stainless steel sink, an Electrolux gas oven and a Sharp fridge.
- Spacious cupboards and counter space in the kitchen.
- New swimming pool.
- Sun loungers.
- Balinese shrines.
- Garden with fish pond, trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Gardener included in the rate.
- Separate outdoor shower, wash hand basin and lavatory.
- Secure Parking area for a car and/or bikes.
- Metal Gate to the road.
- Balinese Gate to the property.
- Sleeps up to 5 people (2 in each bedroom and 1 in the Chinese Wedding Bed).
- Free 20 minute welcome massage at Tamarind Spa at Murni’s Houses for all guests over 12 years old.
If you are interested in staying, please email Murni: murni (at) murnis.com