Batik painting is very Indonesian. The batik course may be from 1 to 5 days, in the mornings, from about 10 am to 2 pm. If you wish you can use your optional activities to go on more than one course. You can learn the art of batik from a very basic level to a more advanced stage as desired!
1 and 2 days covers:
- Brief introduction to the “story” of batik
- The materials and tools used
- The techniques for painting with canting and brush
- Hand colour & dip dyeing in 3 to 4 colours
- Dyeing sequence
- Wax removal
- Finishing touches for final product
3 and 4 days covers:
- As above, but with the addition of :
- Expanded knowledge of types of wax and effects that can be created (eg. wax and cracking)
- More variation of colour through hand painting
- and dip dyeing
- Wider use of tools (large, small spout cantings)
- Working on 2 pieces of work to utilise a variety of
5 days course covers:
- Includes both of the above
- but allows the student to experiment more independently using the knowledge gained in the first three – four days to bemore creative – yet still under guidance of the teacher
Book as much in advance as possible.
We will call and reserve the places.
Materials are included.